Waupun Hockey Association Mandatory Work Hours Policy
Work hours accumulate from May through April each season. Work hours not completed will be billed out at $30 per hour at the end of April and must be paid by May 1st or it will be added to the registration cost in the fall of the next season. Each family will have a total of 28 work hours to fulfill for one child. Please see exceptions in each below work hour category that pertain to families with more than one child registered in youth hockey. You may donate hours worked to another family, but this must be noted on the sign in/sign out sheet.
• LTS families are not required to work Mandatory Work Hours, HU Work Hours or Concession Stand work hours but are encouraged to do so.
● Cross Ice families or new families to our organization are required to work (10) mandatory work hours and 4 concession stand hours for a total of (14) hours.
● Mandatory Work Hours: (16) hours doing glass cleaning, rink set up, board take-down and maintenance, home tournaments (other than your child’s), Senior Class Tournament, Fund Raising, board of director sub-committees, etc. Helping out with time clock, score sheet, penalty box during your child’s game does not count towards these hours. All parents are expected to take turns helping in those areas during their child’s game.
● Hockey Unlimited Work Hours: (4) hours at our Waupun Hockey Unlimited Fundraiser event typically held in October. Families are required to work the event, solicit or contribute an auction item valued at $75 or more.
● Concession Stand Work Hours: (8) hours for one child, (12) hours for families with more than one child registered in youth hockey. These hours DO NOT count towards your mandatory work hours. All hours worked over and above the minimum hours can be applied to mandatory work hours for the season. Learn to Skate families are not required to work concession stand hours. Cross ice families and those new to the organization are required to work half of the required concession hours, which is equivalent to 4 hours.
Recording of Work Hours
● Each family will have a log sheet to record their work hours. These sheets will be kept in a binder in the downstairs office.
● When recording your hours, please print legibly. If the hours cannot be read, they will not be credited.
● Each family is responsible for scheduling their own work hours. Opportunities for work hours are usually posted on our website or will be sent out via e-mail.
● It is the responsibility of each family to have a current e-mail address on record with the registrar.
**A Board member should verify and initial your sign in/out sheet to be credited the hours worked.
Buy Out Option:
You may buy out your hours at $20.00 per hour, which must be paid by November 1st.